PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fitness Test - Soon to be twice a year!
Old 6th Jul 2007, 10:26
rudekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toddbabe
Thanks for that well informed and thoughtful post, clearly you have great insight into all things military. I appreciate how busy and important you must be, as clearly you haven't got time to read the full thread, but thanks for chipping in anyway.

Changing med appointments easy? I can't get an appointment in the same week here, even if I change it on a monday. Try booking a PME? End of the month Sir.

We could do the RAFFT all together on one day, now wouldn't that be a good idea? But hang on.... There's 25% of the Sqn in the ME (that's the Middle East) where we've been since 2001 (WITHOUT A BREAK), 2 guys on guard, two away at sim, 8 away on other tasking. It's okay though, because we can easily cancel all these things just to get our fitness test done.

We don't work shifts mate, just 24 hours, 365 days a year. Now, if you'd worked & been away all weekend (as 45% of the Sqn is doing this w/e) you may be granted a couple of days off next week. Feel like popping in for a fitness test from your home on one of those days?

This is the reality of life amongst the deployed and deployable bits of the RAF, whether its FJ, SH, ME, Movs, TSW or anyone else.

If you don't understand this dynamic, then you're clearly not very bright.

Now I'm complaining about fitness testing, but I run marathons, play rep sport and am down the gym pretty much every day (although in my own time as I'm too busy during a 'on-sqn' day) Kind of ruins your theory.