PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fitness Test - Soon to be twice a year!
Old 6th Jul 2007, 10:12
TorqueOfTheDevil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aargh!

there is no place for fatty's (sic) in any armed service
Yes! But how is an extra fitness test going to get rid of this problem?

The bollox about shift workers not being able to get to the gym and having to come in on standdown days is rubbish
Actually it's not - more than half the people at the stn I work at are shift workers, and we do have to come in on stand-down for Med, Dental, CCS, RAFFT etc etc.

the week later when said shift worker will be on days
You pillock - I'm talking about the many people who can't get away while they're on shift - day or night!

Some clever folk could arrange that their sections or crews do it all together
That's a good idea isn't it - I look forward to the day when the entire Stn Guard Force down tools, abandon the gate, and head off for a couple of hours to do the RAFFT and then some volleyball. Good thing there's no terrorist threat these days...And how about the whole of ATC march smartly out of the tower for a couple of hours? That would work well. SAR crews? Fighter Controllers? ("sorry Mr Prime Minister, we didn't know about the rogue airliners because the bunker was empty"). Need I go on?

after the test you managed to play a bit of five a side or volleyball! wow that is clever thinking, never catch on with the fatty's (sic) though.
It wouldn't catch on with the fit people either, because playing sport with the cholesterol brigade is like shooting fish in a barrel! Besides, when did volleyball ever turn a fat person into a fit one?