PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I the only one left?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2007, 10:08
toddbabe

Tonka engo I used to love my life in the RAF but the last five years have changed it beyond recognition, to the point where it is starting to sour every good though that I used to have about it! that is a shame because I really used to think it was great, yes there are some good posts left and perhaps you are in one of them.
Also you are right about people whingeing, they always have done and always will do and the RAF needs people for the future that are going to commit and work hard regardless of the hardships, herein lies the problem as far as I can see, I can count on one hand the number of people that I know approaching their IPP that intend to stay in! if you factor in the record number of people PVR'ing and the trouble they are having in recruiting certain trades then the future really does look grim for the RAF.
Good luck for you and those that decide to continue because I fear you are in the minority, and ten years from now I think the ship will sink, I for one am glad to be jumping ship in a few short years, with lots of good memory yes but tarnished somewhat by lots of bad.