PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2007, 05:49
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
Mama,

At the risk of sounding crass, cold, and depraved......the easy target is the one that gets attacked not the hard target.

In light of the on-going violence and the Embassy warnings....some blame best be allocated to anyone that would keep their family in Nigeria and place them at risk by doing so.

Yes...the kidnappers/terrorists are to be condemned for their vile methods but one must accept the best defense is by reduction of exposure.

When will Ex-pats figure out the right course of action is to send their loved ones out of the country?

Let's all pray for the safe release of the young girl and that the kidnappers find themselves taking an eternal dirt nap for their evil deed.

Why is it I find some sad pleasure from knowing the father will now have to place himself in his daughter's shoes.....somehow it seems there is some justice in this situation. If I found myself in this sad position I would gladly and without reservation submit to an exchange for my daughter. Let's hope he does the same.

However, I doubt they really want the exchange to take place.....as sadly the daughter is worth far more than one more Oil Field Hand.