PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in the USA - Visa and TSA Requirements
Old 5th Jul 2007, 14:47
arms2serve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've read many of your posts and found even people in a country like UK find it hard to get a US visa.

Let's take a look at my situation and try to figure out what chances do I have to get an M-1. I am 24, live in Pakistan, am willing to train in a US flight school, and I'm a Christian.

In 2005, I applied for a visit visa to attend my cousin's wedding. But after a few rather silly questions by the interviewer I was told I am being denied a visa because "guys my age go there and don't come back". Why they still accept application from "guys my age" obviously I can't ask anyone. One problem I could think of from my case is that they don't care to thoroughly inspect the intention of the applicant. Asking a few question and making such a decision doesn't really help someone's hopes of ever getting a visa. Although I took my Baptism certificate to prove I'm a Christian in case they may have acute Islamophobia, but they didn't really care whether I was or not.

All I want to know is what do these guys really want from a person applying from a country like Pakistan?