PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana / Korean Air
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2007, 12:59
Fragglerock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ktommy80,

From what I've learned, you will need time on type for the 320/330 at Asiana. With KAL, they don't have 320s, and aren't recruiting on the 330. It might be possible for you to apply for a Capt position on the 737, if you have over 5000 total and 2000 airline pic. Not sure if either is recruiting for fo. Check Rishworth, CCL and Parc aviation sites for more info.

There's plenty of info on this thread about KAL, but very little on Asiana. I'm tryint to make a decision on which one would be the best to work for. Anyone out there have any info? I know that with Asiana you are required to live in Seoul and have a minimum of 8 days off. They also pay for your apartment and pay 3000.00 per diem, with a salary of 6000.00 on the A320. I do have a few questions about them, if anyone can answer:

1. Anyone have any info on actual average days off per month and more info on pay?
2. How is the schedule on the 320?
3. Do they allow 320 Capts to apply for 330 Capt positions?
4. Is there any company recruiting for them other than Parc?
5. How are the apartments that they provide?
6. I've also found that they only give a 2 year contract. How does that work?

KAL seems to have a better contract. It is for a term of 5 years, and you are allowed to commute from anywhere on the KAL network with more days off. They are currently recruiting for the 747, 777 and 737.

Thanks, for any info. Trying to decide on Korea or working in the ME.

F-Rock