PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet depressurisation 4/7/07
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2007, 09:53
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 156 Likes on 32 Posts
Could any Journo's reading this please tells us why everything to do with aviation is sensationalised? Why not accountancy or plumbing?? - Plumber fractures pipe - "I thought we would all drown said Doris Crump!!!!"

I accept that for the passengers, and in all honesty the crew as well, the descent would have been a testing experience.

However, the FACT (never let the facts get in.....) is that the aircraft developed a fault which was dealt with in the appropriate way by the crew (Flight deck and Cabin). Crew practice this exact event in the simulator frequently. Once the aircraft is down to 10,000 feet you can breathe normally and the landing would have been entirely normal (assuming it wasn't an explosive decomp with possible damage).

So why always SHOCK, HORROR, NEAR DEATH!!!!! They were probably nearer to death on the M25/M23 on the way to the airport - seriously!!!

Don't treat the public like morons/school children (apart from the Paris Hilton worshippers..... ) Write your articles in an adult manner - this country is dumbed down enough. Do you really think it "sells papers". How does that work if the article is on page 5??????????

So come on Journo's - justify your position / sensationalism / inaccurate reporting. If you (or your employer) were to be financially penalised for inaccurate/damaging reporting perhaps it would be a different story (no-pun intended).

I'm definately getting older

A4