PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Shortage
Old 5th Jul 2007, 09:29
Ned Coates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shortages

S'funny, but as the likes of British Airways, (an industry driver), attempts to obliterate the LAE at every opportunity, they drive away guys in position or those that want to start. All to drive down their own costs. The new religion is the worship of money, profit and budgets. Now and not tomorrow. Greed.

The ultimate result of this pseudo religion is people working for peanuts like in the good ol' USA. I've heard guys and girls there often have second jobs to keep their heads above water financially.

The job IMHO just isn't worth the hassle anymore of debilitating, life shortening shifts, with huge resonsibilities. Mostly played down by managers until something awful happens. Self studying whilst on crap shifts. Far better to get an MBA and short cut into a desk. One can then sit there bemoaning the fact that there aren't enough maintenance engineers and screw those that are left under the guise of 'Change'.

There is no way on this Gods earth that I would allow any of my offspring into an aviation engineering job.