PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Flying European Fly In.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2007, 22:20
Wrong Stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gcolyer
Templhof is doable VFR in a weekend.
So let me get this right.

You want to pick a random weekend a few weeks in the future and you're hoping by chance to have VFR weather from the UK all the way to the east of Germany not only on the Saturday but also on the Sunday? And the forecast needs to be reliable enough for the Sunday that everyone can be reasonably sure that, flying VFR, they're almost certain to get back? And with the majority of other participants who think that anything beyond Le Touquet is a bit too much of a challenge?

As I've said before, Tempelhof is great... but... I've done it for a weekend and, believe me, even in a 130kt SEP, flying airways, it's a bl**dy long slog. For an informal VFR fly-in it's absolutely a non-starter.

Originally Posted by FlyingForFun
Doesn't sound so likely now though...
Other commitments allowing, I'm still up for a fly-in somewhere, as I'm sure others are. Something which allows students and low-time PPLs to stretch their wings would be ideal, in my opinion. There's a considerable amount of experience to draw from amongst some of the participants in this forum. We just need three things - a date, a destination, and less needless worry about crossing the English Channel.