PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fitness Test - Soon to be twice a year!
Old 4th Jul 2007, 21:58
rudekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PCD
That would make some sense. Will make some enquiries and see what can be arranged. Hopefully, the new RAFFT won't be linked to a specific period (birth, joining etc) so you can actually just be 'in date'. Otherwise, we'll be doing CCS eight times a year as well!
Ideally, I'd like a sanctuary period so that, like our Army colleagues we could do all our admin requirements together as a formed unit, once a year. However along with the rest of the non F3 RAF(), we've been on continuous Ops since 2001!

Manning up...Pants still moist.

Stuff

Will re-check mine as well- wouldn't be wanting to spread unsubstantiated rumours.

Not slagging the PTIs, we've got a great set where I'm based, they're dealt as many crummy cards as the rest of us. Our guys, would I'm sure, work whenever we asked them to. What I'm frustrated by is the extra admin required at home base, when we're continually being asked to spend more and more time away from home base year on year. It's a bit like the directed PT irritation. We should all be fit for ops, but we will soon have the increased irritation of a requirement to visit the gym three times a week. It's just extra admin head ache. Fit people will still be fit, fatties will still weasel out of it any way they can. It's just extra admin and hassle for all, especially the fit guys.

Had a conversation with our PTIs a few weeks ago about this. I like to train evenings, run at the weekends and manage to occasionally play a representative sport for the RAF (increasingly on leave, not duty days!) How does this count against my mandated requirements. Sure, a swept up gym, or online system would enable me to enter my trg sessions and count them against my mandated PT. But typically, the RAF, depsite the majority of the teeth and support arms being heavily engaged on Ops rushes in a admin heavy policy without the correct infrastructure in place. Where does the admin burden fall? Not on PSF, not on 9-5 guys who can organise their daily rosters, but on the already over stretched and hectic front line units.

It's just another example of poorly executed and hurriedly introduced policy, of which we seem to have hundreds!

I need to relax...I'm sure there's more important things for me to worry about.

Last edited by rudekid; 4th Jul 2007 at 22:13.