PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terror incident at Glasgow Airport
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2007, 21:28
Avman

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
all we have is "Terror Theatre" which is managed by incompetents. Their only skills are smoke and mirrors vaudeville which they hope no one will ever really expose for the sham that it really is.
Like lambs to the slaughter, the travelling public follow the government hype and flock like sheep through the 'security' imposed on them at airports, all in the name of generating more money for those making the decisions. The terrorists have won and it is purely thanks to the failings of these pathetic decision makers who implement 'airport security theatre'.
My sentiments exactly Cargo Boy. I recently flew out of BHX and I just had to laugh at the pityful new security measures designed to save us all from destruction. In actual fact, it won't in the least stop a determined suicidal vehicle attack on the terminal. And even if the baddies couldn't get close to the terminal they just have to detonate a car bomb in the now hopelessly overcrowded short stay car park (now used as the pick-up and drop-off area) which is teeming with people. It's all so pathetic. It won't be long before they will create drop-off / pick-up areas 5 miles from airports! But then they had better remember to ensure that they x-ray all baggage and persons before they reach the terminal!