PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 4th Jul 2007, 16:36
Gordy

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
HELOFAN....
OK Maybe I was a little harsh, however, I stand by my statement about it being cheaper. Some mentioned Titusville, well, the regional "Consumer Price Index" (CPI) for Titusville is 169.7 compared to a US City average of 173.8. You mentioned Ohio, which yes is slightly lower at 168.4.
Data gleaned from Here...Cost of living calculators

Other data gleaned by doing simple searches revealed "In the first quarter of 2007, Missouri had the 7th lowest cost of living in the United States. In general, the most expensive areas to live are New England, Alaska, Hawaii, and the West Coast. The least expensive areas continue to be the Midwest and Southern States." Florida's cost of groceries is 100.6% of the national average---so really not that high, especially if you shop "wisely".

I have lived in California for 8 years and Hawaii for 7, and YES Florida is way cheaper. I have had a home in Titusville for 2 years now. So far this year, I have been in California, Kentucky, Tennessee, Nth Carolina, Florida and now Idaho, (only counting those where I stayed more than 2 weeks), and it is my observation that Titusville is STILL the cheapest. I have observed students living in Titusville not being as "savvy" with their training and living money as they could be. Things never change---it was the same way in CA back in the early 90's. Oh well......

Having said all that---Titusville is no longer my choice of place to live---anyone want to buy a house?????????

Bored on fire contract---gearing up for a busy post July 4th season....I promise to improve ......enjoy the rest of you 4th.