PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 4th Jul 2007, 15:08
HELOFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesus Gordy ease up a little...guns blazing and all ..wow.
One would think you are American !

I love this forum how PPL are ready to shoot first, try and blow PPL out of the water for a statement made & not be A LITTLE MORE PROFESSIONAL !!

EG;

"Helofan , Gordy here, I dont quite agree with your statement, I find Florida cheaper than other places I have found, please give a little insight into your statement....cheers Gordy"

Much more professional isnt it ??!!

Gordy
Yes Florida is expensive , possibly you are from europe/UK where the cost of living is crazier still.

Or even California has a high cost of living but , lets move on eh ?

Compared to other countries & OTHER STATES in the US, it is expensive.

Lets see, my Car insurance ( Geiko ) has gone from $400 a year for full comprehensive & valued at $15k agreed value..to

A car I purchased for $3000 , full comprehensive, no agreed value just replacement or repair ... nice, for a mere $650 for 6 months...BECAUSE OF THE STATE I am living in !!!

Accomodation isnt high too especially for the region though, if we compare it too say, NYC then yes Florida is very cheap but if we compare it to say Ohio, Florida is on the WTF scale end.

Shall we compare the cost of Tomatoes too ?
I am serious , fruit and veg here is nuts LOL ah hmm... anyhoo.
Food is a major expense & for a state that is a growers state, the cost is stupid.
Why oh why !

The list goes on...

Now there are other countries even that I could compare to for cost of living whilst flight training & can show that it can be cheaper than the US.

Not that I am going to go on and on about it , just saying that Florida is expensive....

Over to the Gallery..

HF