PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It doesn't get much better than this
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2007, 09:10
ProfessionalStudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr AEO

You demonstrate a very narrow-minded there. Just because you had no need or wish to change into civvies, is that an acceptable reason why no-one should be able to change into them? I'm afraid the military are all very quick to default to the lowest common denominator (and often the minority), rather than improve/sustain the situation (often the majority).

Having done a det to Basrah last year, whilst I didn't change every night, it was a relief to be able to change into civvies on the odd occasion during my 3 month tour. It certainly did something to improve my morale and I'm sure the ability to do so went some way to improve the morale of the guys going out on the ground when they got back and wound-down. A change is as good as a rest and all that.

Airborne Artist

But it ain't a ship! And surely you would if you could? And what about runs ashore? And just because that's what the RN do on boats, why does it mean we should all do it wherever? Maybe we should all grow beards too.

Nope, I just can't supress it any more...

...Rant On

Conditions at BAS are bad enough without petty little morale sappers such as this. Is the new ruling as a direct result of the teeth-arm guys actually complaining directly? Or did some jumped-up SO2 in Div think it would be a good idea to get him noticed? He was probably jealous that people had enough time to get changed into civvies at all. In fact, I'm surprised he could bring himself to cast his eyes onto the great unwashed out of the tinted windows of his air-conditioned LandRover 3 V8 SE on the way from his air-conditioned and sun-shaded accomodation to his spacious, dust free and air-conditioned office in Div.

And as for the RMPs and other low-lives with their Gucci LandRovers etc, don't get me started. Of course you need a LR to do speed checks with. And with their parking sensors, it makes it much easier to reverse into the slots in the car park. Or alternatively, you could just dump it by the armoury in case you get a shout. Like someone'e nicking a packet of Chewits from the NAAFI, for instance.

Rant Off

There, that feels better.

Am Av
Toot toot old boy. Glad you're back safe and another good post.