PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Massalama List.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2007, 06:12
brassplate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dunno about unsafe S but i gotta say that some of those engineers need to be backhanded and roughed up a bit. why is the engineering culture so different out here? where i flew last, there was enormous accountability on engineerings part before they signed of an aircraft. if they were not happy with the aircraft, there was no way on God's earth that plane was going anywhere...no financial/schedule/chief engineer/management/and least of all, pilot pressure, no reason whatsoever was he letting that plane go anywhere. it's the absolute opposite out here. they will sell their own mothers if it was going to make you take the aircraft, whatever it takes to get you out of their hair....then they'll go boasting back to the boss that they were on time. they have let a lot of small things go but over the years, these small items have accumulated to cancerous proportions, hence the state of the gf aircrafts. i say gf fires all the engineers who are of that culture of pleasing bosses and letting these once beautiful planes slowly rot away. furthermore, if any should decide on even negotiating with the pilots on the day of an obvious 'must fix' item, they should be written up and suspended immediately. harsh, i know, but for the number of us leaving, a big part of deciding was the deteriorating state of our planes.