PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How was the RAF Waddington Airshow?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2007, 17:23
Sentry Agitator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Short Ferret

Why are you not reading the previous posts given by quite a few people who had some insight on the whole situation as it unfolded????

Lets make something clear......

The RAF Waddington Airshow takes a lot of hard graft by the Station personnel to give an insight into the Air Force way of life to the Taxpaying public and the aviation enthusiast alike.

At the same time; having paid out the costs for the facilities provided (such as the toilets), all moneys raised go to charity.....not into the Station coffers!! The Station gets nothing do you understand?

Those charities are being hard done by far far more than you matey!

The organisers did not know it was going to P**s down so much overnight on Saturday. We had been told that Saturday was going to be worse and the show organisers advertised that fact! Everything was going to be better after the Saturday downpours. Yes, Waddington has good drainage compared to a lot of the country; but I think most reasonable people will agree that the weather for much of June was beyond the NORM!

Now grow up, smell the coffee and realise that the emergency services...yes that policeman who took 'great pleasure' (I doubt it) in turning you away WERE WORKING HARDER THAN MOST PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY FOR PRETTY MUCH ALL OF LAST WEEK (including me!). It was the emergency services being called away that cancelled the airshow....not the airshow organisers. The business about the toilets was that the service trucks couldn't get onto the grassed areas without sinking into the ground...that was the H&S business! Thousands of people wanting to shed bladders and nowhere to go....now that would have been good wouldn't it.

You make my blood boil you ungrateful g**

SA