PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 3rd Jul 2007, 16:59
Rocka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Failed selection...

Well, just got back from OASC a day early.

Basically I applied for Pilot and WSOp and passed the aptitudes with not much of a problem.
The problem came when I got to the medical, something I had pretty much overlooked as an obstruction to aircrew.

When I was 10 I was suspected of having a fit (as witnessed by a family member) and was subject to a lot of tests but without a problem being found I was cleared by two consultants.

Later gone on to complete a class 1 Medical under the CAA but apparently that single event 11 years ago means I am permanently unfit for any aircrew position in the RAF.

Somewhat of a disappointment considering I felt fairly well prepared for the interview and part 2 of selection.

Anyhoo, the point of this post is does anyone know if the Army Air Corp or Naval air service operates as strict a policy? There was some ambiguity in policy regarding this area and the president of the medical board made a few phone calls but it was eventually ruled not in my favour.

Do I have a future as aircrew in the other services? Or shall I start looking at ground trades?