PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Information
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2007, 14:31
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
As an RAF QSP(A) who meets LASORS D3.3 criteria in full, you should certainly contact Alex at Bristol Groundschool to sort you out with your theory requirements and exams.

You are also credited the FRTOL practical and written exams.

You will need to do a ME IR Skill Test on something like a Seneca. For that you will need to do some training first. Hopefully someone will let you know what that actually means - and the associated costs. Same goes for the MCC.

The airlines will soon be competing for every available pilot. However, you shouldn't imagine that this will apply to you when you go for interview!

Most ex-RAF pilots seem to have ended up in Virgin, ba, EasyJet and flybe. Depends what you want really. You could always try the Gulf/HK operators if you wish. There is some doubt about whether the HK mob will accept 'fATPLs' obtained with theory credit still.

Have fun - the airline world should be your lobster in 2009! Just don't leave it too late - and make sure you stay in current practice. I've heard of even ME pilots who could have obtained a full ATPL with 1 exam, Class 1 medical and CAA-monitored IR on type being stuffed because they fannied about and left it too late - then found themselves on a ground tour.....