PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Group bank account
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2007, 10:25
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There isn't a decent bank around in the consumer market. To cut costs, all have become staffed with morons at the customer interface end.

Personally I bank with a certain "private bank" - they require a min £10k balance if you want to avoid charges, but they have really good courteous people on the phone, you can always get through, there are no c0ckups.

For a "business" purpose like this one, I would be content with a bank that is staffed by morons but which has a reliable website through which one can do the usual transactions. There is probably a fair number of them. I use Bank of Scotland for several such purposes; nobody in there with a brain but who needs one when you have internet access? First Direct is another good one.

Just avoid Citibank. They do a substring comparison of every electronic payment sender/recipient against a US Govt list of known undesirables, and my name is on there As will be many others I am sure. And their staff is a total bunch of morons, based in the Phillipines.