PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MIT Engineering 8Hr Roster
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 22:55
mahatmacoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I expected better from you mendaero. The guys in Perth who are in the firing line and now Melbourne have decided on a course of action and that is to not work overtime so the 8 hour rosters fall apart when aircraft aren't covered. Individuals from Sydney or wherever else are flying here on overtime in a move that completely negates the effect of what the locals are doing. Don't be ignorant about the whole affair or try and blame the union.

We all know that the alaea can't put an official ban on or tell their members not to travel so what do you expect when you call them. I was asked to go to Pert 3 months ago and rang the asn and got told the following -

"I can't tell you not to go but read the notice we put out. If you do go get your own smoko room because the Perth staff won't eat with you"

The message doesn't get any clearer than that and again if you think you know better than the MIT lames who have voted unanimously for ot bans make sure you wear someone elses name tag when you get here.