PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention EK A330 pilots
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 21:09
divingduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schnowzer

It's been done to death many times....but I think it needs explaining yet again.

UAE centre have absolutely no say in the spacing that has to be given through DESDI and BUBIN, that is Dubai's call. If they say 25 miles and 230 knots by the gate, we are compelled to do it.
With some measure of disgust I might add, especially when they now have their two runways in use, but require exactly the same spacing and the restrictions on UAE control have actually been EXTENDED for an hour.
It used to be from 9.30pm local til 2.30am that they required (not requested) 20nm between arrivals through all gates. Now with their 2nd runway in use, the restrictions go from 9pm til 3am...if you can work that out, please give me a call, because i just can't get my head around it.

So, to sum up, Dubai call the ball, it's up to the individual controller to decide whether to vector or hold you. Speaking as a dumb farm boy, if i have to give more than HDG 180 ex ORSAR, I'll stick you in the hold.
When you get onto dubai's frequency, naturally there is plenty of space between you and the guy in front, so invariably they cancel speed and track direct, thereby wasting all the time and effort on the other side of the gate.

As for whether or not it will improve...where there is life, there's hope.