PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA/JAA Aviation Medical & related issues
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 07:43
count dingleberry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
come on dudes! Get with it!
You are responsible of the lives of anything from 1-500 people! (including yourself!) Being fit should be your number one priority. If you are not motivated enough to do physical training, you should start thinking about a different career! You having a heartattack in front of a computer is better than in a 747 on final approach. Less people affected............
I mean who would you rather see getting behind the controls of your mothers (yes, dear old mommy!) airplane? A fat tub of lard who cant take 2 steps without gasping for air (I have actually seen it!) or a guy doing chinups waiting for departure? (ok, I havent seen that but you get the point)

The class 1 medical should include a fitness test. A pilot should have a higher fitness level than the average "civilian". If nothing else it would weed out the lazy overdrinking, oversmoking, overeating unfit lot of you and almost completely remove the high unemployment rate in this business. ps. I can benchpress 120 kgs and run forever, I have a job!!!!!!!!!