PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training In Malaysia! MFA,HMA or APFT?
Old 1st Jul 2007, 23:31
zakka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garfs

If you are a Malaysian citizen and wants to work in Malaysia it's not gonna make a big difference where you do your training. If you're not Malaysian, then don't bother getting a Malaysian license as it won't be worth much outside Malaysia unless you have 10000 hrs jet.

I don't know anything about the new school in Bintulu, but MFA, HMA and APFT are NOT impressive training organizations. MFA is a mess due to the principal being a 3000 year old Indian who has no clue about training standards, management etc, but yet he wants to control everything.
HMA has better equipment, overall nice setup, but again not managed very well. They have far too many students which means lower standards.
APFT is also a messy operation, and you have to stay away from a few evil people there

Maybe check out the school in Ipoh, don't have any info.

Of MFA, HMA and APFT, I would probably choose HMA as I think their future is more bright, but in the end it won't make a big difference. Just remember, that if you do flight training in Malaysia you'll have to have lots of self-dicipline to study a lot on your own as there are generally way too many students compared to instructors, and the overall standards are quite low.

Zakka