PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How was the RAF Waddington Airshow?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2007, 17:11
Sentry Agitator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Appreciation???

Folks - I understand your concerns over refunds but surely you have to agree that with the weather forecast to get worse before lunchtime, it was a good idea to try and clear the airfield before vehicles started to sink even deeper with the impending downpours? Can you imagine the carnage if thousands of people had queued for refunds and then tried to leave?

Please be patient? Yes the weather was awful yesterday but more so overnight. Yes there were notes posted to say that the airfield didn't expect any probs with drainage and ordinarily we wouldn't have.....but the weather seems to have caught alot of organisations out hasn't it?

The weather last night when we were all tucked up in bed was worse than anticipated and the ground having been given a pounding this last week was saturated. It didn't make for a good recipe.

However, the biggest issue as previously mentioned, was that because of the increased risk to the local population areas, the emergency services were required elsewhere. Quite rightly, the priorities were taken out of the Show managers hands. We can't put on a show if we don't have the emergency cover FULL STOP!

It takes a year for the staff to try and put on a decent show for the enthusiasts and the posts I've read on this thread are really disappointing. What is more upsetting is that nobody has given any thought to the lads and lasses who were stuck outside in the appalling weather trying to do their best for 'Joe' whether that be getting them in or out. The majority end up working for 2 weeks without much of a break at all doing their normal duty, followed by extra tasks, to try and make the event as pleasurable for the public as possible.

I for one think they deserve better!

SA