PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2007, 16:14
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,
over the past month or so, I have been contacted by those wondering why there has not been much information being posted about the Campaign. As I have said, we have been collating information, and documentation, with a view to presenting a final product to those in a position to bring about a change to the disgraceful verdict. I have also said that, with regret, we will not be in a position to place this current information in the public domain at this time. The reason behind this is not because of any 'power' thing, but because we do not want those we aim to speak to, to get a hint as to what we have uncovered until we give them the completed final document. It currently runs to several pages.

I can only apologise to those who are waiting to hear what we have been up to. I promise that as soon as I can 'go public' I will.

As an aside, you may also remember that, on the personal instructions of the then Secretary of State for Defence (Dr Reid), I am no longer allowed to apply for information using the Freedom of Information Act. At the time of my 'ban' I still had thirteen separate requests outstanding. So, applying the rules of my letter, I replied to the MoD on 17 May 07 stating that I was not making a new request, but would like sight of those documents I currently have outstanding. I was assured that the documents I seek could not be found, but would be provided if they were ever located Thought they'd give me a little more credit than that.

The outstanding documents are:
1. The letter written to Boscombe Down by the AoC, following Boscombe's decision to stop the Chinook HC2 flight trials.

2. The report by EDS Scicon following their tasking to verify the FADEC software.

3. A copy of the report from Boscombe Down to EDS Scicon.

4. A list of discounts made against further contracts with Textron Lycoming and Boeing.

5. Documentation relating to the fist suspension of flight trials by Boscombe Down.

6. A copy of ACM Wratten's document, Disciplinary Proceedings in Aircraft Accidents (Hint: There's a copy in the House of Lords Library)

7. A copy of a memo written, in 1995, by a member of Hels 2

8. A copy of the MoD (PE) unit report for the Wilmington Chinook incident.

9. 3rd & 4th Line engineering reports on the engine changes to Chinook HC2 ZD576 in early May 1994.

10. 3rd & 4th Line engineering reports on the GPS changes to Chinook HC2 ZD576 in early May 1994.

11. There was a mention in the House of Lords' Select Committee hearings that Air Marshal Day made his own analysis of the accident. Was that analysis included in any BoI paperwork?

12. A copy of the engineering report SI/CHINOOK/60, dated 23 June 1994, relating to flying control pallet threaded insert de-bonding.

13. Copies of all briefings given to AoC 1Gp during the course of the Chinook BoI (including copies of any minutes of said meeting).

Provision of these documents will certainly be useful, so I hope that the MoD are still looking. Once I hear from them, I shall let you all know the outcome. I do, however, feel a letter to the Information Ombudsman may be looming!

Can I thank you all for your continued support and patience. We are still extremely busy behind the scenes, and I will provide updates as and when able. PPRuNe Towers has kindly allowed the thread to remain a 'sticky' desipte the public inactivity. Once our document lands on it's intended desk, I will expect the thread to become busy once again. Please bear with us.

My best, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook