PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How was the RAF Waddington Airshow?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2007, 08:37
Orville The Duck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the show being cancelled today. Luckily I was one of the thousands who were daft enough to brave the rain yesterday.

Despite a few of the displays being slightly stilted due to the low cloud base, it was still a fantastic show. Shame no Battle of Britain Memorial flight (luckily I see it all the time as I live just up the road from Coningsby), and unfortunately the tactical scenario didn't happen but seeing 2 Tornados approach in apparent silence (they were shifting) to carry out simulated bombing raids was amazing.

Other highlights were the Typhoon, AWESOME, the weather actually made it more impressive as it blasted through low the moisture in the air and that noise - incredible. The last display, Red Bull Matadors were absolutely fantastic too, shame so many people had given up and gone home after the tactical scenario got cancelled - they missed a real treat as the cloud base was high enough for their full looping display.

Overall a great, inspiring show, it's a shame I got into the whole aviation thing too late, after seeing what I saw yesterday if I was 16 I'd be queing up to sign on the dotted line.