PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussies at EK
Thread: Aussies at EK
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2007, 08:12
Sinbad1

Devil Drat and double drat...

I suppose this is not a bad way to spend my day off to try to educate someone like you Muttley Do Something

First of all Attuta (attitude??), As for the presentation written in poor English, as I said to you before the figures were from the HR of EK, and the information was in fact copied and pasted directly from the HR document. Do yourself a favor and before you start shooting off your mouth and making verbal diarrhorea with regards to qualifications and places of employment, go to your linguistic masterpiece of a contract from your EK HR and check. But of course you know better...

As for you Muttley (do something), please do not stop replying to my remarks as I shall be very disappointed and bored. I am determined to educate you with regards to the local law of the country you claim to know so very well.

The following is an extract from the following link from the Australian governemnt:
http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-gi/view/Advice/United_Arab_Emirates

"Drinking or possession of alcohol without a United Arab Emirates Ministry of Interior liquor permit is illegal and could result in arrest and imprisonment. Alcohol is served at bars in most major hotels (although not in the Emirate of Sharjah) but is intended only for guests of the hotel. Travellers who are not guests of the hotel, and who consume alcohol in the restaurants and bars, are required to have their own personal liquor licences. Liquor licences are issued only to non-Muslims who possess United Arab Emirates residency permits. These licences only permit the holder to purchase or consume alcohol in the Emirate which issued the licence (for example, a permit issued in Abu Dhabi is not valid in Dubai). It is illegal to drink alcohol and drive a vehicle.", But you Muttley can do it, yeah..yeah

I believe Muttley is a mongrel dog, but you of course are not as ugly as he is, well I hope not. Oh, I am not a Canadian who lives in the sandpit between Abu Dhabi and Sharjah me old mate. I wish I was at that age. Drat and double drat..

By the way, are you the Bankstown pilot who flies one of those bug smashers with 150 hours and a PPL licence who have been spotted having a drink of VB with one of those Arabs wearing a dish dash in DXB and got a job as an EK pilot couple of years ago??
Safe and happy flying to ALL

Last edited by Sinbad1; 1st Jul 2007 at 08:23.