PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terror incident at Glasgow Airport
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2007, 23:18
RMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any fool can criticse and most fools do. The unconscious incompetent don't realise how little they know.

We all know it is frustrating if you are kept on board an aircraft etc but if there is any doubt there is no doubt. People will have to endure some inconvenience until our uniformed services do everything they think they need to do.

A serious crime scene needs to be preserved and if there is a 1 in 1,000 chance ( rather more than you having a V1 cut ) of getting a key bit of forensic/information or protecting people from a secondary explosion then closing the airport is the way its got to be.

With regard to disruption this is small beer. A bit of fog in November causes more disruption than this. The security services some are criticisng have prevented many attacks on our people over the last few years and they haven't done that by being gash but by being thorough.

Although I am one of the most highly qualified people in the UK aviation industry what that has taught me is actually how little I really know.I am a conscious incompetent but will not be rising to any bait by the people who throw all the stones.They actually don't have answers that hold water under anything other than superficial analysis. I put the last paragraph in because like all the UC/ICs we fly with they don't realise how shallow their reactionary perception is and am not interested in engaging with lost causes.