PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana / Korean Air
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2007, 18:55
johntrav69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

CCL= Cambridge communications ltd
Also hiring for KAL are Rishworth and I think IAC Global?
Direct entry FO and Capt positions. CCL and rishworth are fairly similar on contracts, but suggest you get both sent and see which suits you better. Sim straightforward, TO-problem with ground services so return for VOR to land. 2nd TO, eng fail, continue and dump fuel, eng out ils to go around then capt gets second eng failure, fo will get visual cct to land and at some point they will throw in an RTO. Automatic flight is recommended and embraced except for Eng out ils but they will tell you when to disconnect. Medical much as you have seen here, same as in taiwan and japan from what I can gather. Hot on eyes, ears and blood tests (read cholesterol for most of us). Medical in morning at CAA, anything comes up it will be retested at hospital with more advanced equipment, any fails will need doctor letter from home country after rechecking but then a hire is imminent. Interview lasts from between 5 and 20 mins from what I can gather. Really only interested in whether they can understand your english I think but of course be careful what you say. Maybe 1 or 2 technical questions but fairly easy stuff. Put up in hotel by airport for duration of interview, 3-4 days normally. Nice crewroom with friendly guys on 3rd floor. Hotel v good. Bus tickets provided to get you to head office but need taxi for simulator and to/from hospital after caa medical. Pay out of pocket, at interview 100,000 won paid to you which almost covers your expenses. Close enough anyway. Tickets provided from home base to Seoul and you will need to pay the airport tax yourself which is then refunded by the agency with your 1st pay so if you dont take the job or fail interview, you end up paying yourself. All in all fairly straightforward and any guys current on type should have no problem, usual polite behaviour in Asia. When in Rome!!
Enjoy!