PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC job in Sweden?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2007, 09:32
thealps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Work in Sweden

Hi there!

I'm a swedish ATCO currently working abroad. Have to say, though, Sweden is a really nice place to live and to work. The sallary hasn't been that great until now when they recently got a 40% increase...

You still make more money in Norway (but there everything is more expensive) and in Denmark (big money but even higher taxes than in Sweden) but with this new deal you're well off in Sweden also.

I have quite a few colleagues who have been abroad and now went back so there has been, and is, a shortage of staff for sure.

I think the Swedish language still is mandatory but I guess that will change soon. There actually are a couple of foreigners working in Sweden already (german, OZ, austrian). Where I worked, in the ACC, Swedish was only used in RT with some VFR:s and in coordinations with the Swedish airforce. However, I've heard the airforce has more or less changed everything to English so I'm not sure that's still valid.

If anyone wants a job in Sweden, just go ahead and contact LFV. They're not that used to hiring foreigners but I guess they'll soon have no other option.