PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Command Failure Rates
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2007, 05:58
badairsucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BuzzBox,

Read my post again, I stated that I have friends with all types of airlines not just the majors.

I know of 3 guys who had low hours, got their first jobs straight on a 757 and were in the left hand seat within 3.5 years. These a large charter companies in the UK.

2 friends who are captains on the A320, 4 mates on the 737 as captains, all for easyjet and started with low hours. Same goes at Ryanair.

Tell me, whats the difference between a 320 and a 330, not a lot.

You seem to fall into "mines bigger than yours" way of thinking.

As far as the QL...If your going to let someone who has a type rating on the aircraft and let them lose on the line for 6 months then give them another line check, then the company MIGHT fail them, then what do they do, let them out on the line again for another 6 months. Wow, if they pass they get another 5 KTS cross wind and a little better bit of vis. Nothing more than a checking process which this company needs to get rid of. If it's to do with low hour guys, give them more training till they are up to speed.

Please don't think I am getting on your case, I am just fed up of all the hoops we have to jump through in this company, friends in Virgin and BA think I am nuts being here getting all these hoops put up in front of us.

We seem to be the only airline with it's own hoop factory, I am off to buy some more stocks in the hoop business.