PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ghurka Rifleman PUN VC. Triumph! (Merged)
Old 29th Jun 2007, 23:36
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Guys and Gals. First sorry I have not been on line but have been working away all week with little opportunity to get on line. Martin Howe and Kieran are as Shadia has said in Nepal. I have been working with David Howe trying to sort things out for 4th.
We found out at the beginning of the week that Ealing Council could no longer offer their civic reception room for us all to meet Mr Pun. In essence this makes things easier as we have managed to secure the Renaissance hotel just a stones throw from the Heathrow terminals for the event. The best I can do is to secure a room for 450 people. It sounds a lot, but wait out!

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...eathrow-hotel/

It has been finalised as PTP has intimated that Mr Pun will receive a guard of honour courtesy of the Royal Ghurkas. He will infact receive, upon arrival at Heathrow, all of the privileges of a ‘Minister of the Crown’ (this had to be formally approved by the Home Office!! and was the result, to the best of my knowledge, of diligent work by MOD Protocol and CO the Royal Ghurkas -well done!!), and be driven by car from the aircraft to the VIP reception area. Because of this Mr Pun WILL NOT be leaving terminal 3 by the normal exit point. Therefore DO NOT go to terminal 3 if you wish to see him. He will go to the above named hotel. This will save potential chaos at Term 3 and minimize public safety issues.. I have the room booked from 6.30 officially, although filter in when you like. There will be a bar in the Function room (please have a drink as if we don’t take 500 pounds behind the bar in the room, I am even more in the s**t (I think we might manage it somehow).

We can stay pretty late if we want although I doubt Mr Pun will last more than an hour.

Things to note.

We have arranged for security to be high, so bring your ID or passport just in case

We have a rough idea of numbers attending from ARRSE , PPRuNe and RUM from the PM’s received.

The Ghurka Association, estimate that up to 500 Ghurkas could pitch up to greet Mr Pun (Who Needs Security), more if the idea snowballs, so that puts me in the dwang!

Therefore, try and arrive early. I will be at the hotel (short, grey haired bloke with glasses and head on fire)

We are hoping to old a 10 minute Max, press conference. I cannot get another room, so this may be held in the corner of the big room. No press or media will be permitted entry without clearance.

If you wish, stick your Beret in your pocket. Dress is as you see fit, nuff said! We just want to see you.

Anyone that pitches up early and are on their own, find me, as David and I could easily end up maxed out, and may be grateful of a bit of post arrival assistance.

Can’t wait to meet you.. A truly unique occasion for all of those capable of being there.
All of you who have passed on apologies, thank you, your names will be present.

Any questions please pm me or mail Howes and Co.

Cheers

Tigs2