PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 30 September 1975 Beirut - Malev
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2007, 20:42
hthassoun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We lost family in this crash too!

Dear Info Search,

I am writing to you because my Lebanese family has also suffered from the Malev crash in 1975. My husband's parents (father and mother) both died in the crash leaving behind them three young boys. At the time, it was the begining of the civil war and no one really investigated the matter. My inlaws where coming back from Paris to Beirut. Other than the fact that you are mentioning in your story, it is interesting to know no one knows exactly where the flight came from and whether it had stoped in Cyprus and why the names of the victims were never released? We always thought since the plane came from Paris, it had one stop which was Budapest to refil and take more passengers on its way to Beirut.
Do you think that there is also a way in investigating the "french connection" and have you tried that? what about the passengers list, where you able to get it? We know that there were about 12 nuns and priests on the plane.

We would like to pursue this further and understand what happened. We have read that there was a memorium for the victims family that took place in Malta in 2006. http://www.ivao.aero/events/day.asp?Id=30/09/2006
Is there an association for the victim's families? Please let us know how we can join you in your search for the truth.

Last edited by hthassoun; 2nd Jul 2007 at 19:13.