PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Officer "assertiveness" versus Captain's "authority"???
Old 29th Jun 2007, 15:48
Farty Flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loking at your other posts ou are quite clearly an f/o with a chip about your position. You'll make a lovely Captain someday and lets see then if your utopian ideals survive the upgrade. I'll wager they dont . If you have done Human peformance youll remember the bit about how different personalities dont transsition too well. might be worth a re-read.
Your simplistic retort about the goings on at cat c airfields and going around to make apoint betrays your lack of exposure to A the airfield in question and B the sizeable percentage of arrogant little twerps who confuse wealth for talent and knowledge. Im confident in my management, crm and flying skills and decision making that if it came to the scenario you paint I would welcome the asr to highlight the hypothetical failings of a colleague. That is to say after 12000 command hours I have had no complaints as to my interpersonal or professional interaction or decision making. So bring it on.
I hope you get an upgrade soon.
Be safe

PS Aplogies in advance to the many many low hr talented cadets i have also flown with. This arguement doesnt extend to you all. A generalisation that the good ones will recognise.