PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Officer "assertiveness" versus Captain's "authority"???
Old 29th Jun 2007, 02:13
Farty Flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you're going into samos, its august, the wind is northerlyat 25 kts. The Capt has been checked out in various types in samos and has seen it all.Specific conditions clearly briefed. The FO with all the bells and whistles courtesy of daddy and 600 hrs. He calls a go around as you turn final on 09 at one mile/300feet. positive/negative gusts of 20kt etc,/ flap relief surf type thing going on but all fairly normal cat c samos with the switching winds. he screams go around as per his crm/fctm/touchy feely inexperienced out of depth background attitude..What do you do?
Me I land if i think im in the box and disregard his lack of experince induced , touch feely backed lack of judgement. Only gained by time on line. . I'm the captain I have the cat c qualification ..hard earned... he didint listen to the brief, didnt absorb the part c brief. ( he did find time to flirt with the girls for 4 hrstho) and panicked as he is in a Jet in the uk because hes rich and reasonably educated when he should be in a turbo prop accumilating experince and exposure to the myraid undefinable variances he will meet on his way to being able to make a genuine crm contribution.
ps : for "his" read "his /her"