PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gentlemen ,Remove those turbans
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2001, 11:54
CaptA320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To my dear fellow American friends on this forum I wish to say the following.

What happened on 911 was a dark day for humanity and my thoughts go out for all those innocent souls that were murdered in NY and DC as well as their families.
The intention here is not to critisize the US for it's reaction/retaliation nor to side with the anti-American sentiments. As I mentioned earlier we must globaly unite against terrorism in all it's forms. But please stop and think as well as ask yourself why so much hatred exists towards the US from the east? Could it be due to the US foreign policy which has been adopted by previous administrations?
Is our blind support of Israel correct? We are a nation of people who praise equality and justice for all, should we not adopt this in our foreign policy matters as well? How can we arm Israeli soldiers with M16's to fight children in Palestine who throw stones. I'm not advocating that we should blame the Palestinian / Israeli conflict for everything but I am convinced that this has been a great contributor to the anti-American sentiments that exist today, and what is more alarming is that individuals such as Osama bin Laden are using this to achieve a clash of civilizations.

In addition to our quest to bring the perpetrators of 911 to justice we must do a radical re-think of US foreign policy that reflects the principles of our great nation, these are principles we live by and should be clearly reflected in how we are perceived around the globe.

I was born in Athens, Greece and when I was still a baby my parets immigrated to the US. I grew up in Florida and consider the fact that I became a person who believes we are all equal irrespective of color, race or religion an achievement of my American upbringing. For that I love the US and I'm proud to be a naturilized citizen.

I would like to see the rest of the world to view our great nation as a global embassador and promoter of equality and justice for all people. As a superpower and the world's greatest democracy we should lead the world to these great principles.