PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways Approved Pilot Scheme
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2007, 15:35
AJMcC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think PPJN is talking about direct entry pilots only rather than ab initio students. If GB's Phase 4 is anything like Thomsonfly's, then it will be a simple interview... and apparently an application form (which they forgot to post to me). Fairly similar questions to the FTE interview you had at Phase 3, but I got the feeling it was more a discussion to see what kind of person you are, seeing as all your technical capabilities have already been proven at Phase 3.
Without giving too much away, I had questions like:
- Tell me about yourself - education, family, interests
- What do you think we are looking for?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Have you considered other careers?

Stuff like that. I would imagine that the most important thing is for you to be comfortable with all the decisions you've made in your career path and be able to justify them. Or if you aren't, then you should demonstrate you can look on the positive side and demonstrate what you've learnt from your mistakes.

Just for clarification, I'm not in the slightest bit pretending to know everything here - nor am I intending to undermine the 'surprise' element of an interview. I'm just letting you know of my as yet very limited experience of aviation interviews. I know that I got a lot of help from others who posted their experiences on here, so I thought I'd return the favour. And even with help from this forum, the most important thing (hmm, a 2nd most important thing....) is to give honest answers, and not some model answers that you've learned by rote.

Hope that helps.