PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Hurn College Overview
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2007, 12:37
smellysnelly2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NATS Hurn College Overview

Hello,
Just after I started at Hurn I wrote a little bit about Hurn life. We got our basic results today and thankfully I passed and thought I'd give any new people a general overview of the course
It'll all start with a 3 day inducction to get to know people - enjoy it!! Then you're into 5 weeks of solid theory, 6 hours of lectures a day and it does become a bit of a grind towards the end. This is probably the time to work hardest as if you get behind it'll be difficult to catch up. Then the practical runs start and you're time is split about 50/50 classroom/sim, however this is when you're written exams also start - 6 in total spread over about 3 and a half weeks. Once the written exams end you are purely in the sims or private study.
The course ends with 5 assessed practical runs - 'The Summatives'. These will ultimately determine whether you pass or not(after a spattering of resits
nobody failed a theory exam on our course). We were supposed to have a practise oral board but there wasn't the time/manpower to do them. This will be a common theme - nearly all the instructors do a great job and seem to genuinely care about getting you through but they have so little time to do anything.
Overall, it was either 33 or 34 out of 48 that passed I think.
Onwards and upwards to area foundation