PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ACC Complexity scores.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2007, 16:03
Mahaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 30bods at TC? That came from our GM so however he arrived at that figure or the makeup of the numbers I really dont know. And again, until we can find the source of the report, how the complexity rating is achieved at, again Im unaware though I do know that the top desk Harry Potter prediction devices do factor in complexity so maybe theres a connection to dat there somewher. As for resolving the situation? Big question and in truth one for someone other than me, maybe if we'd been listened to earlier on some of these problems could have been stopped.
Manc boy. Why does this always develop into the same old arguments? Cant we put that to one side and just accept outside agency figures (if they are indeed correct and unbiased)? Maybe the sectors wouldnt have been moved to MACC if they'd listened to what we were saying and not what they thought they knew. Maybe that would have helped, I couldnt say. Moving sectors back to LACC? I doubt that would ever happen. More bods? We cant cross train or extension train many of the ones we have. Some of our staff have gone part time (they've had enough) we also have lots of part valids to compound the problem visa vie training folk up. So the answers? I honestly dont know and with all of the guys with extra responsiblities (LCE's OJTI's WTO's LCC's) having to do their admin in their 30 minute breaks, there's not a great deal of time for us lowly ATCO's to figure this out in depth. The **** might begin to hit the fan even more when those intending to leave before our forced (Arkady's word not mine) move begin to see their plans developing to where they are able to leave. Im not one but there are more than you would think willing to downsize and retrain than move their families north.
Thankyou Arkady, you seem to be a voice of reason with either no axe to grind or no need to defend your southern location, after all we are not criticizing any of our colleagues, just our managements total inadequacy at keeping an excellent workforce (all locations) in the right state of mind to carry out what I consider to be one of the best careers available anywhere.