PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers refuse to fly after tanks overfilled
Old 27th Jun 2007, 15:57
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Communication

As a previous poster said, it's a matter of communication.

Airline pilots in particular seem to be a bit precious about their qualifications & no-one else may mention anything...

A certain tragedy at Kegworth WOULD have been averted if passengers listening to the PA - or the oh so knowledgable cabin crew - had spoken up when the pilot announced he was shutting down the opposite engine to the one on fire.

As a ' sitting there ' SLF / photographer on light aircraft I've noticed - Which the Test / CPL pilots hadn't - 2 out of 3 greens on line up for take-off, assymetric fuel, and near collisions too many to remember...

The fuel was 'spraying' & thus near vapourised before it pooled harmlessly on the ground - I rather doubt fire crews would shrug their shoulders at this, certainly not the ones I worked with.

Hopefully the aircraft was earthed - as for the Bulldog mentioned above, isn't that high octane ?!

I might not have screamed like a banshee, but I wouldn't have accepted being told "I know best " - a lot of people have been killed by someone else's ego, a sad list far too long for here... Aren't we supposed to learn from the past hard - earned lessons ?