PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2007, 14:27
Rambocrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Etihad - Crew Discussions

Well here we o again with rosters issue just a couple of days before the end of month - what happens to GCAA rule on at least 7 days notice for day off? And of course, are they fair again? Like hell. The usual B767 crew (sorry to new recruits that you now have to do this) are lucky to get lay overs among the constant Indian and Pakistan flights whilest of course the non B767 crew get most of their life abroad where this new allowance is so much better. When do we get balanced roster? When do we get roster on time? When do we get a roster manager that will actually talk to crew and not just push away to hs secretary? Maybe i turnaround flight got pay by hour at least pay would be more balanced.

Now what about the crew notice regarding so call rumours regarding the difference in payment of duty day allowances? Not true acording our management. True says many of the crew who have got their contracts and payslips so THANK YOU VERY MUCH ETIHAD FOR REWARDING NEW JOINERS MORE THAN THE SENIORS who hae done all the hard work for you in the start. Good luck to you new crew, but next time a more senior one seems a lillte off with you, now you know why - you're being paid more for less experience.

VISA days now for new crew too. After the more senior crew were sent to get visa in their own time and told they would be suspended if they didn't comply the new ones are being given a duty day for it - and even get transport. A good luck for the new ones but nothing back in recognition for the existing crew. Could it be that yet again managers ealized that planning things in this way by NB was AGAIN something illegal?!

Crew numbers being cut as well on all of the turnaround flights to give priority to long haul Euroepan routes. Lucky to make service standards now on short haul and according to what i hear it will be September before we have enough crew to cope with expansion.

Now what about these crew comming from GF. Apparently over 100 FA plus a load of direct entry CM. I thought the idea was that EY wouldnt become another GF? ANd how well are all of these crew going to be treated compared to existing EY I wonder? Surely its very bad to take so many people from one copany unless you are actually trying to create a mafia?! Good to move forward and get people in of course but things need to be kept FAIR.

Report time to 1:40 soon as well. Apparently to improve on time departures. Never mind the fact that the bigest problem is AUH ground in the fisrt place and te standards of training and experience that they receive. Who has to pay now - cabin crew.

Maybe I sound bitter but to those on the outside who think that we must be great with our IFE and brand new planes, there is a lot of frustration on the inside. Think carefully before comming and for those already here- think about a move to EK where youre still safer and paid more.