PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shirley Bassey & Night Flying (UK)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2007, 09:26
keepin it in trim

Apache for HEMS - Strafe those Survivors!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plod pilot

i suggest you re-read my second post, I accept that night vfr does have to happen outside the circuit, but the way some of it is done at present is very marginal. I am well aware of commercial pressure in the company I work for at the moment, size is not the issue, if you read my post, public transport in a very high pressure environment is what I do every day now.

I know and accept that the commercial charter market is a tough COMMERCIAL dog eat dog market, and each job brings its own challenges but your derogatory comments about sar/hems being in someones comfort zone or somehow easier suggest that you are merely being argumentative, for some reason have a low opinion of all these cossetted sar pilots, or you have no knowledge or experience of what the job involves.

You seem to suggest that the commercial charter market is a much tougher environment to operate in than sar, having done both I think they are both demanding but in very different ways, in one it is often the case that risks are taken to get the job done, in the other there is a lot of pressure to take risks to get the job done.

I didn't wave my hours under your nose, because that has little to do with the validity of my or your opinion, but I have plenty thank you, not that it makes any difference. Enjoy
regards