PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When Cabin Crew Scream....
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2007, 09:06
Beausoleil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've learnt my lesson skr80. We, the fair paying type aren't allowed to mention these sort of things here. Rainboe is of the generation where it's weak to be nervous or inquisitive even. Basically pay your money, sit down, be quiet then get off and come back only if you have to.
I didn't see anything objectionable in Rainboe's reply, at least not enough to warrant any offence being taken. I think the crew having a bit of a laugh at the anxieties of passengers is quite healthy, as long as it doesn't veer over into holding passengers in contempt. I think most jobs have a similar sort of release mechanism.

I remember coming into Manchester one time with a plane bucking all over the place - felt like riding one of those bulls. People were shrieking, the engines were winding up and down seemingly all the time, it seemed like the plane was pointing about 90 degrees away from the direction it was moving in... The ground got closer and closer, the panic level rose, we were all going to die, then suddenly the pilot whipped it round and we were slowing down on the runway as normal. I'm sure the crew had a few laughs about the passenger reaction on that one, and who can blame them? Better that than have them stressing about it.

All human beings behave in ridiculous ways sometimes. Life will be hard if you can't stand to be laughed at occasionally.