PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Am I to Make Of This Email 'Send' Conundrum?
Old 27th Jun 2007, 00:27
BLUE SKY THINKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Am I to Make Of This Email 'Send' Conundrum?

Further to my periodic exasperation - re. attempting to send e-mail to AOL addresses - today produced a puzzling development.

Experiencing increased problems in this area (completely impossible the last twenty-four hours) I resorted to alternative methods.

I normally use Outlook 2003 and mail sent to AOL addresses is continually bouncing back (no problems with other ISP's). Today in desperation I resorted to Webmail (1&1); the e-mail was sent and received. I then experimented with ThunderbirdPortable (installed on a flash drive); likewise sent and received. Encouraged, I experimented with all three; each time the Outlook 2003 failed, but the other two succeeded (all three from the same computer).

Anyone any bright ideas why this may be; particularly what it is about Outlook 2003 that may finger it as the culprit? I considered a possible Port 25 issue (i.e., AOL not keen on traffic sent from such, but ThunderbirdPortable is working via 25)

[NB: Internet connection via T-Mobile 3G; if relevant]

Thanks in anticipation; driving me mad.