PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shirley Bassey & Night Flying (UK)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2007, 21:42
plodpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K.I.I.T, you are obviously such a sensitive soul, but like so many others you fail to see the point being made.
By your own admission you spent some years in the military environment and like others before you, perhaps sought a job in civvy street that closely emulated that which you were used to, hence you joined a company perhaps like BOND or PAS.
The point I made was about the "Commercial Charter World", the part of the industry that has a percentage of full time pilots but relies heavily on freelance guys.
This is a part of the industry where pilots are often expected to work long days, operate in not so good conditions and hardly ever for the best pay return but are always expected to not only get the job done, but do it well.
My point is, that this is a hard part of the industry to work in - to get work , to do it - quite often involving long distances and night flights often at the same time. No, Police, HEMS or SAR does not really fall into the commercial charter category.
So, telling guys in the charter world that they should only fly in the circuit at night unless they have an IR ( cos that obviously gives them super powers) is an insult.
Charter is the bread and butter of a lot of pilots, with and without IR.
Just a point, but I was not aware that there had been so many accidents caused by long distance night flights.
I have over 5000 hours, all rotary, in many environments but I dont feel it necessary to flex my ego.
One last thing, it concerns your final point. "Size isn't everything"

Kind regards