PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2007, 20:35
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Not Only Nigeria has 419 Artists

There's a French company out there called Archos who manufacture a DVD player, which is basically a cross between a small tablet computer and a portable hard drive. You're supposed to be able to download movies, videos, music, photos onto it and watch them on it small screen or, using a docking station, play them on your TV. Ideal, I thought, for helping pass the long hours one now spends on lockdown here in Nigeria. I bought a model 704 wifi, which even has a wireless web browser built in.
When I transferred a lot of my music files and music to it, my troubles began as it gave me messages telling me I needed to download a couple of plug-ins to watch some of my movies or listen to my music. I was rather surprised as they advertise their stuff as all-singing, all-dancing. However, I duly paid my €39 and ordered the plug-ins. That's when the trouble started because they won't download. After many e-mails I received a reply saying that it was due to a 'small technical problem' - yeah right >. I was sent another link which I was assured would fix the problem but, no surprise..... it doesn't work. More e-mails with no reply, except one which had another unfulfilled promise that their webmaster would contact me soon. My advice wouyld be to stay well clear of these French con-artists and their overpriced, poorly configured, badly supported products. You think Nigeria has con-artists: well it seems they're operating in Europe also, under the name, Archos >