PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - David verses Goliath!!!
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2001, 02:20
Unwell_Raptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's my night off from going on patrol with the spelling police, but I can't resist this one - Quote:

Low cost airlines verses (versus) the "fat overweight spend on anything and everything" majors! (sentence seems to lack a verb)
I believe that the current attempts by the majors to persuede (persuade) governments and the EU to inject new funds into their terminally ill operations is (are) a complete waste of money!!! Airlines such as Aer Lingus, Sabena, Swissair, Alitalia etc (full stop after etc. please) cannot survive in their present form. Injecting cash is just giving the carriers yet another stay of execution once again. (Tautology alert: yet another..once again) They have had it. (had what?) The low cost boys are hear(here) to stay. They certainly know how to run a slick business unlike the majority of the majors who are living in the dark ages. (Caps. please; "Dark Ages"). British Airways should lose (lose?) their slots so that other players who can run a business in the current climate can operate out of LHR(comma) LGW (comma) etc(full stop) where many ground handling jobs would be saved. Who is looking after who (whom) here???
Times are changing! It is a great shame that it has taken recent events for the majors to wake up to the fact that they have to run a bussiness (business) in the year 2001 not the 60s or 70s where any opposition was wiped out by the(unnecessary) under the table dealings with government etc!!! (avoid too many !! as it makes you look a bit excitable)

With best wishes for your forthcoming GCSE in English

U_R