PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heart Murmur
Thread: Heart Murmur
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2007, 18:03
chrisyross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought I would post an update to this problem.

I decided yesterday that I was going to need to see a cardiologist privately if I wanted any chance of having my medical for going to Spain.

I chose to go to one of the cardiologists from the CAA list as it said on my letter that would mean only the report would have to be sent (and not the tape).

When i arrived everything was a bit rushed so never had a chance to ask many questions.

Even though one of the doctors during the class 1 medical had said the cardiologist may not have to carry out a echocardiogram if he felt there was little need for this, unfortunately it didn't say that in the letter it just said I required a echocardiogram to be carried out, so this is what the consultant did.

I was only in for about 10 minutes where he asked me stuff like - was i very active when i was younger and what exercise i do now?.

He commented that I had a large heart (needs less beats) and that my heart beat was slow (44bpm?) for someone who wasn't super fit.

I asked what happened next and he said he would analyse the results then send his report and the video on to the CAA. I think sending his decision to send the video was due to an error reading the letter on his part as he had already planned to do this even before examining me.

Is there likely to be any problem getting my class 1 medical after this examination?