PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the longest distance you've flown?
Old 26th Jun 2007, 15:25
Head Turner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My longest journey started on the afternoon in early April 1966 in a Hiller 12B at Middle Wallop as a fledgling Army pilot. The journey has taken me to much of Europe with the AAC, corporate flying, instructing and police and power line work. This has been done at night, in blisteringly hot sunshine, bloody freezing artic conditions, the usual rain, cloud and wind and some bumpy turbulence. Worst place I remember was Sennybridge ranges. I have covered most of Europe, dawdling in places like Northern Ireland and Germany. On the way I have met some awful people who I have pittied and forgotten. However, there are, thank goodness the vast majority of people associated with helicopters, the engineers and the ground support people who I shall sorely miss when finally touching down in an EC135 in Cumbria on 28th June 2007. This mamoth flight has taken me just a few hours short of 15,000. This is my longest journey. Full of memories and well recorded in several log books, photographs and retained memos.
Thanks to you all.