PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FS2002 sound problem
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2007, 13:53
Neo_RS14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi chaps,

Thanks for your responses. Believe me I'm on the case of FSX already, I'm being stopped from buying a copy because someone's promised me it, but I have to be patient... lol

Right,

G-BOY - What will using 'explore' tell me in the video files, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for, but I'll have a go.

bnt - You make a very good point there, r.e. the sound cards. The sound stopped working on this computer while my dad had it, I picked it up over the wkend, and fitted a new soundcard (soundblaster Live! 5.1). Since then, the sound has worked on everything else, except FS2002. The previous soundcard was an 'onboard' one, so yes, maybe it is selecting that.

Now I have exhausted the in-game sound settings on FS2002, and it does not give me the option to select a sound device as far as I can see...it has the volumes page, where you can also adjust the level of quality. And thats it I think.

I'm not sure if there is some aspect of the sound card installation Ihave ommitted, because it took ages, and everything else appears to work. Except, one thing I noticed, is that the 'speaker' icon in the bottom right hand tray/taskbar, has gone...I'm not sure if that is relevant in anyway....and in sound properties, it says 'no audio device', however in the device manager, it says this devide is working properly on the soundcard and everything related to it, e.g. drivers etc.

Dave O'Leary - I took a look at that hotfix, it appears to be a security upgrade, I don't see how it is relevant to the FS2002 issue, will it's installation cure this problem do you think? That hotfix says it works for only SP1 for XP, I'm not sure which service pack this pc's running, only had it a day, I'll go and check, befiore I respond to this again.

Thanks .

Neo

Last edited by Neo_RS14; 26th Jun 2007 at 13:58. Reason: forgot a couple of points